Point Community Scholarship for Online Students
We are offering new online students the opportunity to receive a scholarship valued at up to $15,000 over the life of your degree. Just complete and submit the application below, along with an essay telling us how an education from Point will help you make a positive impact on your community. The Point Scholarship Committee will review your application, and notify you via email if you have been selected.
To be considered for the Point Community Scholarship, you must:
- Be an accepted first-term student in any Point University fully online degree program.
- Have a minimum prior high school or college GPA of 2.5.
- Complete the scholarship application and essay by the deadline. See the table below for scholarship deadlines for each start date.
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA and adhere to all standard student requirements.
POINT COMMUNITY SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINES
- Unlike student loans, the Point Community Scholarship (PCS) never has to be repaid.
- Only one scholarship recipient per academic start will be chosen by the Point Scholarship Committee. Decisions are final.
- The scholarship has a potential value of up to $15,000, but the actual award will vary by program and the number of credits taken at Point.
- The PCS is prorated based on the number of credits taken each semester. For example, full-time students enrolled for 12 credits will receive $1500 per semester, and half-time students enrolled for 6 credits will receive an amount of $750 per semester. Recipients are awarded each term, over the life of their degree program at Point (up to 120 credits for bachelor’s, up to 60 credits for associate, up to 36 credits for master’s).
- Scholarship cannot be redeemed for cash, does not apply to on-campus programs and is not combinable with other offers. It does not apply to transfer credits, credit waivers, or credits not completed.
- Point University reserves the right to make changes to this scholarship program at any time.