Online Master of Transformative Ministry
At Point University, our online Master of Transformative Ministry program equips students for dynamic leadership roles in churches and parachurch organizations. Under the guidance of experienced ministry professionals, students learn to partner with the Holy Spirit to transform individuals, communities, and organizations as they embrace the emerging kingship of God. Course and project options allow students to explore personal interests and apply course insights to their own ministry contexts.
This program is designed for men and women entering Christian leadership as a career, experienced pastors who desire to increase their knowledge and skills, and young ministers seeking a deeper foundation for effective Kingdom work. Courses are organized around four themes: Theology of Transformation, Personal Transformation, Community Transformation, and Organizational Transformation.
- Preaching and Teaching for Change
- Servant Leadership Theory & Development
- Organizational Innovation & Creativity
- The Emerging Kingship of God
Rate: $450 per credit hour
To view a complete breakdown of tuition and fees, visit our Tuition & Fees: Online Students page.
- Church Ministry
- Parachurch Ministry
- Nonprofit Organizations
The first step to apply for admission is to complete the free application. After you complete your application, an enrollment specialist will work with you to complete your file. Your application file for this program requires:
- Transcripts from all previously attended schools
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- A resume
- Contact information for two professional references*
- A well-written, 1-3 page admission essay that includes:
- A brief self-introduction
- Reasons for pursuing your Master of Transformative Ministry at Point University
- Educational, professional, and personal experiences that have shaped your decision and prepared you for graduate studies
- Personal life and career goals, and how master’s studies will help you accomplish those goals
- Christian commitment, church involvement, and ministry experiences
- Any additional information you may wish to provide the Admission Committee as it considers your application
Want to know more about applying to Point University? Submit your information to be contacted by a member of our team or visit our Support Center for additional information and resources.
* At least one reference should be a minister or spiritual mentor.
Point University provides a wonderful learning environment where you can grow both academically and spiritually. The professors encourage and support you and want you to succeed. The online classes are really convenient as you can set your own weekly schedule to fit the needs of your lifestyle.
- Laura Doering, online student
#9 Best Online Christian College (2021)
Point University offers the transformative ministry program in a fully-online format. Online students engage in asynchronous learning through a course website that facilitates interaction with their instructor and classmates.