CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO POINT UNIVERSITY!
We are so glad to have you as a part of the Skyhawk family!
Now that you have been accepted, you are almost ready to start your Point journey. In preparation for your start at Point, complete the following items.
1. FUNDING PLAN
Use the Net Price Calculator to estimate the total cost of your education at Point, including financial aid.
2. FINAL TRANSCRIPTS
Transcript Processing Center
851 Trafalgar Court
Suite 420 West
Maitland, FL 32751
Within two business days you will receive your Point account information and access to the no-cost, highly valuable Orientation course (APSP 100). This is a mandatory course for all students entering Point online programs (including full-time or part-time). Completing the orientation course will prepare you for success in courses and the Point community.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How can I access my Point account?
You will receive a unique username and password within 2 business days of acceptance at your personal email address (the email you included on your application). Use these credentials to log in to the Single Sign-On (“SSO”) portal to access:
- Point online courses (in Sakai)
- Student email (Office 365)
- Registration, billing, and financial aid information (CampusNexus Student Portal)
If you experience any issues logging in to your account, please contact Point University Information Technology at 706.385.1493 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use your full legal name when contacting IT Support.
What if I forget my username or password?
If you forget your username or password, try these strategies:
- Look for the original email from Point with this information.
- Login to the Single Sign-On portal. Your Student ID number is displayed in the upper right corner of the SSO portal near your first name.
- Passwords follow this naming convention:
“#Student*” + the last six digits of your Student ID number + the @ symbol. Example – #Student*123456@
- We are only able to create usernames with 20 characters or less. If your last name includes a hyphen and/or two names, we will be forced to shorten that to only the first of the two names. (For example: Alexander Smith-Johnson would be shortened to Alexander.Smith.)
- If you are a returning student, your login credentials have not been changed.
How will Point verify my identity?
Can I grant access to my account to someone else such as a spouse or parent?
- Click here to complete the FERPA web form.
- You and/or any person you selected to have access to your non-directory information must provide your student ID number and the password you created on the FERPA form on all future communications with Point University staff members. Your student ID number was provided to you in the letter of acceptance you received.
- If you do not know your student ID number, contact us at 706.385.1018.
If you have questions about access to your account or the FERPA form, contact us at 706.993.9559.
Can I use my personal email instead of my Point email?
No. Your Point student email (Office 365) will be the main source of communication between you and the University. You are required to check this email account daily.
How do I access my Student Portal?
- Enter your Social Security number and name.
- Verify your email.
- Create a password.
- Follow instructions to verify account through your email.
Finally, click “Save.” Once this step is complete, you will be able to access the CampusNexus Portal by clicking the icon. Now you can enter your CampusNexus credentials to enter the portal.
Is Orientation mandatory?
How do I log in to the Orientation Course (APSP 100, or APSP 099 for non-degree-seeking students)?
How do I order books for courses?
You can also order your books without a book voucher and pay for them directly.
When you order your books online, you have instant access to information regarding your order and can even receive messages from the bookstore regarding your order. To order your books online, follow the steps below:
- Go to www.pointuniversityshop.com.
- Click “Books” then “Textbooks & Course Materials.”
- Choose your term, department, course, and section (i.e. CGPS Spring II, APSP, 105, OL). Be sure to always select the term beginning with CGPS, otherwise you may order the incorrect book. Sections beginning with 1 are listed under Session I, sections beginning with 2 are listed under Session II.
- Add relevant books to your cart.
- Once you are finished, proceed to checkout.
- Login to checkout. If you’re a first time user, register before you can checkout.
- During the payment portion, select “Financial Aid/Scholarship” under the “Alternate Form of Payment” dropdown box. The account number is your student ID number. Click “Find Accounts,” and agree to the terms.
- Complete your order.
To check the status of your book order:
- Visit www.pointuniversityshop.com.
- Click on “My Account” at the top right of the homepage.
- Login by entering your email address and password.
- Click on “View Your Order History.”
- Click on your order number to view order details and status.
If you ordered a digital book, you will be emailed a code, but you can also get that code from your order history.
Questions? If you have questions about ordering your books online, please contact 706.385.1491.