CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO POINT UNIVERSITY!
We are so glad to have you as a part of the Skyhawk family!
Now that you have been accepted, you are almost ready to start your Point journey. In preparation for your start at Point, complete the following items.
1. FUNDING PLAN
Explore ways to pay for school. If state or federal funding is part of your plan, complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible. If you need more assistance with the process, visit point.edu/admissions/tuition-aid/financial-aid, where you will find dozens of videos that will help you get started, including:
Use the Net Price Calculator to estimate the total cost of your education at Point, including financial aid.
2. FINAL TRANSCRIPTS
If you are currently enrolled in high school or college, send final high school and/or college transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to:
Transcript Processing Center
851 Trafalgar Court
Suite 420 West
Maitland, FL 32751
Within two business days you will receive your Point account information and access to the no-cost, highly valuable Orientation course (APSP 100). This is a mandatory course for all students entering Point online programs (including full-time, part-time, or certificate). Completing the orientation course will prepare you for success in courses and the Point community.
Join the student-led chapel for a monthly worship service consisting of music, prayer, and a message on the third Thursday evening of each month at 7:00 p.m. You can access the live stream via the Point University Facebook page.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How can I access my Point account?
You will receive a unique username and password within 2 business days of acceptance at your personal email address (the email you included on your application). Use these credentials to log in to the Single Sign-On (“SSO”) portal to access:
- Point online courses (in Sakai)
- Student email (Office 365)
- Registration, billing, and financial aid information (CampusNexus Student Portal)
If you experience any issues logging in to your account, please contact Point University Information Technology at 706.385.1493 or at email@example.com. Use your full legal name when contacting IT Support.
What if I forget my username or password?
If you forget your username or password, try these strategies:
- Look for the original email from Point with this information.
- Login to the Single Sign-On portal. Your Student ID number is displayed in the upper right corner of the SSO portal near your first name.
- Passwords follow this naming convention:
“#Student*” + the last six digits of your Student ID number + the @ symbol. Example – #Student*123456@
- We are only able to create usernames with 20 characters or less. If your last name includes a hyphen and/or two names, we will be forced to shorten that to only the first of the two names. (For example: Alexander Smith-Johnson would be shortened to Alexander.Smith.)
- If you are a returning student, your login credentials have not been changed.
How will Point verify my identity?
If you need to contact any office at Point University, in order to verify your identity, you will be asked for your student ID number. This number is located in the portal by clicking on “My Profile,” and then selecting “My Information.” The ID number is listed on the right side of the screen and is 10 digits in length.
Can I grant access to my account to someone else such as a spouse or parent?
Point University cannot release grades or other non-directory information to any person other than the student without a written release on file. This is in compliance with the Family Educational Rights to Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Click here to complete the FERPA web form.
- You and/or any person you selected to have access to your non-directory information must provide your student ID number and the password you created on the FERPA form on all future communications with Point University staff members. Your student ID number was provided to you in the letter of acceptance you received.
- If you do not know your student ID number, contact us at 706.385.1018.
If you have questions about access to your account or the FERPA form, contact us at 706.993.9559.
Can I use my personal email instead of my Point email?
No. Your Point student email (Office 365) will be the main source of communication between you and the University. You are required to check this email account daily.
How do I access my Student Portal?
To log on to the CampusNexus Student Portal after you have logged on to the SSO, hover your mouse over the CampusNexus Student Login icon. There, you will notice a little gear at the top right of the icon. Click the gear and then enter your CampusNexus Portal username and password. The CampusNexus Portal login info is different from your SSO username and password. If you don’t already have one, click on “Create a New Account” and follow these steps:
- Enter your Social Security number and name.
- Verify your email.
- Create a password.
- Follow instructions to verify account through your email.
Finally, click “Save.” Once this step is complete, you will be able to access the CampusNexus Portal by clicking the icon. Now you can enter your CampusNexus credentials to enter the portal.
Is Orientation mandatory?
Yes, the orientation course is required for all online students. Course completion will take less than two hours and will help you navigate coursework and resources at Point.
How do I log in to the Orientation Course (APSP 100, or APSP 099 for non-degree-seeking students)?
You can log in to the Orientation course as soon as you receive your Single Sign-On login credentials, which will be within 48 hours of acceptance. For step-by-step instructions on accessing the orientation course, download the guide.
How do I order books for courses?
Students who qualify for financial aid may also qualify for a book voucher as part of that aid. Financial aid cannot be applied to book purchases unless you have completed a FAFSA, have been awarded financial aid, and have an approved book voucher. Please check with Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if you qualify for a book voucher. To learn more about how to request a book voucher download the instructions guide.
You can also order your books without a book voucher and pay for them directly.
When you order your books online, you have instant access to information regarding your order and can even receive messages from the bookstore regarding your order. To order your books online, follow the steps below:
- Go to www.pointuniversityshop.com.
- Click “Books” then “Textbooks & Course Materials.”
- Choose your term, department, course, and section (i.e. CGPS Spring II, APSP, 105, OL). Be sure to always select the term beginning with CGPS, otherwise you may order the incorrect book. Sections beginning with 1 are listed under Session I, sections beginning with 2 are listed under Session II.
- Add relevant books to your cart.
- Once you are finished, proceed to checkout.
- Login to checkout. If you’re a first time user, register before you can checkout.
- During the payment portion, select “Financial Aid/Scholarship” under the “Alternate Form of Payment” dropdown box. The account number is your student ID number. Click “Find Accounts,” and agree to the terms.
- Complete your order.
To check the status of your book order:
- Visit www.pointuniversityshop.com.
- Click on “My Account” at the top right of the homepage.
- Login by entering your email address and password.
- Click on “View Your Order History.”
- Click on your order number to view order details and status.
If you ordered a digital book, you will be emailed a code, but you can also get that code from your order history.
Questions? If you have questions about ordering your books online, please contact 706.385.1491.